Friday, October 20, 2006

And the winner is... very well read indeed

Congratulations to all the prizewinners at Bourne Grammar School that I met tonight - and also to all of the Silver and Bronze award winners that I didn't get the chance to meet. It's a shame you couldn't all fit in the hall. I guess students at Bourne Grammar are just too good at reading for their own good.

It is a great scheme they have - a reading challenge based on reading books in groups, with enough free choice for you to read what you like and also some great guidance on what to read if you're not sure, and where to look for your next great read. And then of course the best bit is that everyone who completes the challenge gets an award. I was blown away when I heard that together you'd read 7,356 books. I hope at least some of them were by me!

Anyway, thanks for the lovely welcome tonight.

Tomorrow I'm re-visiting a school I was at earlier in the week - the excellent Ravenscourt. Looking forward to seeing you crazy lot again.

No comments: