Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bunting and Boats

I feel like I've been 'everywhere' in the last few days, but really I've only been to 'some places'.

Those places include the Isle of Wight - yes I made it across the water on a ferry and I even made it back again, both times without being sick all over 'everything' or even 'some things'. I was, however, stoked up with two different (yet complementary) types of seasickness drugs and some anti-seasickness wristbands (which made me look like I was an eighties tennis player, or some kind of disco-fiend. A good look for a ferry trip).

Then I leaned my head back, closed my eyes and listened to my iPod.

It was choppy, but I made it. I don't want to make a habit of getting on ferries, but once or twice every decade is probably just about OK.

In the end, it was well worth the crossing, for a reall fun 'Spy School' event.

This week kicked off with a trip to Alsager School, where I was very warmly welcomed. There was even bunting. Bunting with my face on it. (The very best kind of bunting.)

So a massive HI to everyone I met at those events, and I suppose I could also say a medium-sized HELLO to everyone I'm going to meet at my events in the next couple of days: Rickmansworth School and Thomas Alleyne School... I'm on my way. Get the bunting ready.

No comments: