Friday, September 19, 2008

Pure Gold, In Shimmery Black

Just seen that the HarperCollins website is now giving the first peek at the amazing cover for Jimmy Coates: 7, which I haven't even finished writing yet! It's due out in April, and will look something like this:

Except a little bigger, I think.

I have a hard copy on my desk, and it's even cooler in real life. It shimmers. Oooh...

Oh, and here's the blurb:

Jimmy Coates can only trust one man to bring the country back from the brink of chaos. When that man disappears, Jimmy must battle the shadow of corruption. But the shadows are darker than they seem, and the darkness reaches further than Jimmy could ever imagine.

Should be a good one. I hope you're going to like it! I still have quite a long way to go with the writing, and not a huge amount of time. But I don't want to rush it. I promised myself I would never compromise on quality just because I was in the middle of a series. I still want to make each book in the series better than the one before it. So far I think I've managed that, but it's becoming more and more of a challenge!

No comments: