Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Swim. Bath Instead.

I didn't go swimming in the end. Instead I went to the park and invented some great new games, including goalpost-basketball (also known as crossbar-ball) and tiny-baseball. Loads of fun. I promise you - one day these games are going to explode all over parks across the world.

Meanwhile, it's Book Festival season!

There are festivals all year round, obviously, but for some reason I have three big ones coming up in no time at all. In fact the first one is THIS WEEKEND! It's crept up on me pretty quickly.

I'll be in Bath, and privileged to be part of such an amazing line up. I've had a nice long break since my last events, so this is a chance to try something new and, of course, it will be the first ever public reading of JIMMY COATES: POWER.

Nothing from the book has so far been heard in public. The only bits that anybody knows about are the preview chapters I put up online a couple of months ago (http://www.freewebs.com/joecraiguk/october12008.htm) so in Bath I'll be picking a new bit to read. When I read extracts at events I like to pick an action scene, so I'll be delving into the midsts of the book to find the part I think will work best out loud.

And you can be there!

Check out http://www.bathkidslitfest.co.uk/event_C8.htm

No comments: