Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hair, Thair and Everyw-hair

I gave myself a haircut yesterday. I've cut my own hair for years, and I think I've gradually been getting better at it. And better at clearing up the mess I leave afterwards as well, which is apparently important.

But I'm afraid that with my blossoming scissor and clipper skills have come an extra level of perfectionism. So I couldn't just leave it be. I had to go that extra millimetre, snip off that extra wisp...

Now there's a strange, gash-shaped mark on the side of my head. It looks like I've recently had brain surgery, or managed to dodge out of the way just at the last moment when a ninja was trying to slice off my ear.

Yeah, I think that's the story I'll go with...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jimmy Coates was included on the "10 best books for teenagers" page on the back of the Indy today (but you might already know that).