Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Where Actually IS the Sea?

I went down to Bournemouth for the day today to meet a great group of students at the Library down there. Hi to all of you - thanks for the entertainment.
The only thing that was disappointing about the day was that I didn't see the sea. Bournemouth is on the coast, isn't it? At least, that's how I remember it being when I visited about ten years ago. But today I didn't get a chance to see any sea.
Then I arrive back in Finchley, North London, and there's a restaurant at the top of my road called 'The Harbourside Fish Restaurant'.
HARBOURSIDE?! Which harbour is that, exactly? Is that the same harbour where all these boats are kept?
And as if that wasn't enough, a couple of hundred metres further up the road, a place called '3 Oceans' opens up.
Looks like if I want to see the sea I needn't bother with Bournemouth - it must in be somewhere in Finchley.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Is that the same harbour where all these boats are kept?"

But the famed Barnet Marine Centre have now moved to the centre of all things nautical....

Welwyn Garden City

Anonymous said...

Were the 2 links to the Barnet Times there just so that we might also stumble upon a feature about Joe Craig in this weeks issue?

Joe said...

That would have been pretty clever of me, wouldn't it? Sadly, I can't claim that I thought of that. Would you believe me if I claimed a coincidence?
It is my favourite newspaper, after all.