Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cible!

Another exciting day in the world of... me.


First up, a huge 'hello' and a casual 'hey' to everyone at James Allen's Prep School in Dulwich, where I learned some excellent names, and we concocted an inspiring story about nose-rings, shopping, David Beckham and horses with life-threatening illnesses. It was an epic. (I'm looking forward to the horse quiz you promised me, by the way.)


I also have one extra thought, that I'm not sure I should mention, but... oh well, I'll put it here and see what happens:


I've been to a lot of schools since my first book came out - a LOT of schools. But of all the schools I've visited, JAPS has by far the best looking staff. Is it something in the Dulwich air? Or do you recruit from the Gorgeous College of Teaching?


Anyway, enough of that.


I was also at Harrod's today, which was loads of fun. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I'd never been until today. (I'm a Londoner - why would I have gone to Harrod's?) But now that I've seen it, I can't wait to go again. It really is an amazing place. (Except you didn't have any chocolate covered sunflower seeds, did you? Someone pass the message on to Mr Al-Fayed. Stock these. They're delicious, a great snack, and very hard to get hold of in London.)


As if all that weren't enough, I get home to discover the really big news of the day. Jimmy Coates: Target, the second book in the series, is now out in France, with the very French title, Jimmy Coates: Cible!


Check it out here.

No comments: