Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Small Golden People

I'm going to have to come to terms with the fact that this year it's going to be very difficult for me to win an Oscar.

I've been snubbed again.

Not even a sniff of a nomination.

I have to say - I'm a little upset. I got all dressed up to watch the nominations being announced - real bow tie, and everything. And then I didn't even get an honourable mention. Just some bunch of people who've, apparently, made 'films', or 'movies' this year. It's all a fix, I tell you.

Am I not worthy? Am I not good enough for them?

Well tonight the tables have turned. Tonight I was on the judging panel for a Primary Schools poetry prize. There were hundreds of entries, and some of them were excellent. But I made sure that Judi Dench, Helen Mirren, Clint Eastwood, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their mob didn't get anywhere near the prizes.

Now who's getting a snubbing? Eh?

See how they like it.

By the way, some of the poems were excellent, and I'll hopefully be saying a bit more about it, and about which award it was, when everything has been officially announced.

But there'll be no prizes for Kate 'Rhyming Couplets' Winslet.

No comments: