Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cricket's Over Already

Sadly, the Under Eleven season ended today without a final match. The opposition pulled out - something to do with all their players being on holiday. Hey, it's happened to me a couple of times, so I have a lot of sympathy for their coach.

But it's a shame. I feel like this season never really got going. I was out in Australia for three weeks in the middle, and then I missed another two games when I had my trip to Simply Books in Bramhall. It's never gonig to be quite the same when I leave my team in the hands of another coach - even a brilliant coach. The boys need continuity. There were some talented players in the squad this year, but I think the results suffered because of the disruption.

I'll have to plan my Summer a little better next year.

No comments: