Monday, February 20, 2006

Get London Reading

I just got back from the launch of the 'Get London Reading' Campaign. You can find out all about it here. I recommend you do - especially if you're a Londoner!

I enjoyed fine, literary conversation and orange juice by the bucket. Also, the amazing views of Tower Bridge and the Tower of London from 'London's Living Room' in City Hall. I've got to say, for a 'living room', it was a bit short on sofas.

Anyway, all in all, a day to be a proud Londoner.

My contribution to the campaign will be some creative writing sessions on the morning of World Book Day (March 2nd) in the reading room of the British Museum.

Come along and listen to me spouting about how to write, while the ghosts of truly great writers look on, hiding behind their own works, chortling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forget the sofas. How many living rooms normally serve orange juice in buckets? Had someone failed to complete a risk assesment to allow the use of glasses?