Saturday, September 06, 2008

Moose Wrap Dosa Snack

There were some great snacks in India. The Masala Dosa is really a snack taken to a higher level. I think I had one nearly every day while I was there.

I even saw a huge one. A dosa the size of a moose. Sort of. Don't know why I picked a moose there, particularly. It just sprang to mind. It's not often a moose springs to mind, so when it does I think you've just got to go with it.

Snackwise, I've come back home with a bang. A sheet of matzah this afternoon really hit the spot. And just now I stepped things up with the classic fig/salami/rocket/pine nuts/olive oil dream team. Can't be beaten.

Actually, maybe I could start experimenting with Western fillings in dosas. Fig and salami dosa. That could work. Rocket and salami dosa. Interesting. I risk straying into 'wrap' territory, but that might not be a bad thing. It's a good neighbourhood.

Not many moose there.

No comments: