Monday, July 28, 2008

Hippo and Hot Weather

I this is the hottest it's ever been. Anywhere. Ever.

I've sent a probe to the sun to take a few measurements. Not as hot as Tufnell Park this afternoon.

This is one of those times when it's great to be able to work on a laptop. I can enjoy the weather while also getting something done. And there's plenty to do...

I've fallen a little behind with the first draft of Jimmy Coates: Blackout, and I've also got to get the back cover blurb written today. That task is a little tricky when you haven't finished the book yet. Tricky, but by no means impossible.

Meanwhile, in other important news, I saw a huge green hippo in the window of a charity shop this afternoon. I'm considering giving the hippo a home. Now, if there were some way of putting items from a charity shop onto a wedding list, wouldn't that be a pretty good idea?

You could just go into your local charity shop and raid the shelves, putting everything you want into a cardboard box. Then your guests can go in and pick something from the box. I think that could work.

No comments: