Sunday, March 09, 2008

Who Will It Be? And How Many Will He Or She Be?

I'm heading off over the sea to a far-off land they call... The Republic of Ireland. Then I'll be up in Northern Ireland for a few days.

I'm pretty excited. I've been to Dublin before, and loved it, but I've never been to Belfast. Yesterday I saw an article rating it as a top 'foodie' town. That sounds like my kind of place.

By the look of the schedule I have in front of me, I'll be meeting just over 1000 students aged between 10 and 13, and a few dozen teachers as well. Not all at once, obviously. So who's to say it won't be the same student 1000 times? Well, I say that. Cos it won't be. That would take a level of cunning and mastery of disguise that I can't even fathom.

But possibly its unfathomability is the strength of this plan. That it's impossible could be just what this student wants me to think... a master student who can make him or herself look like a crowd... who can appear a wide-eyed ten year-old one minute, and a wily, sceptical teenager the next... who can even impersonate a room full of teachers... I tell you what, this is a dangerous fiend. Where will it end!?

Possibly right here.

No comments: