Wednesday, September 26, 2007

How Long Has This Been Going On?

I took a laptop on the train to Bristol yesterday. Got to write every minute I have now if Jimmy Coates: 5 is going to be written in time for April 2008.

It was actually a pretty good way of getting some work done - except the battery only lasted about 90 minutes. I'll have to write quickly. Or get a laptop with a longer battery life. Hmm...

Anyway, I was visiting Bristol as part of the first ever Bath Festival of Children's Literature. (Bath? Bristol? Yes - I was confused too. They're very near to each other apparently.)

So a massive hi to everybody at QEH - especially Year 8. It was great to meet you and witness the creation of the most monstrous boyband in history: Da Juice Cru. *Shudder* (or should that be 'Shudda'?)

Also an elephant-sized 'Whoop' to everybody at Whitchurch. You guys were... um... incredimazing. Or maybe fanbrilliawesome. And you were all called Connie, which makes life easier for me.

I also passed the first test of a laptop user - I didn't leave it in Bristol. (That's always the first test - I checked with Dell. They take every new user to Bristol and set them loose among the natives.)

Hey wait, it's just gone midnight. You know what that means, don't you? It's George Gershwin's 109th birthday. Happy Birthday, Mr Gershwin. Da Juice Cru are going to cover some of your songs, by the way, so I hope your grave has turning room...

No comments: