Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Thumb Is Less Purple Now

Cecil Jones College, in Southend, gave me a big fat warm welcome today - as well as plenty of food for thought.

Hello to everyone there - your story ideas were borderline psychotic, but they're usually the best kind. I especially enjoyed the radioactive penguin and the man who was in love with a chicken.

And they were just in the staffroom.

Thanks also for all of your emails. In fact, thanks to everybody who's been emailing me over the last couple of weeks. I'm very sorry I haven't been able to email back - if you've kept up with this blog, you'll know that the people at Sky Broadband (some very helpful, some completely incompetent, all ultimately exasperating) have been unable to connect me to the internet.

So no emails from me for at least the next week. But don't worry! I'll get back to you eventually.

The unreliability of Sky has also stopped me from watching any of the Cricket World Cup this week, which I would usually be glued to.

Once everything is back to normal, I might have time to post my reflections on the Bob Woolmer tragedy.

It would have been more interesting if I'd had time to post my thoughts after the Pakistan/West Indies match (before Bob Woolmer was killed). I won't say I saw it coming, but I was pretty close...

No comments: