Monday, August 07, 2006

How Low Are My Ears

I had a fun day today visiting the libraries of Wokingham. My books fit nicely into the 'Reading Mission' that libraries in the UK are running this Summer, so I've been visiting quite a few. I don't think I've met a brighter and more welcoming bunch of readers, though. My only moment of confusion was when I couldn't remember whether I was in Lower Earley or Lower Ealrey. Or even Lower Earlrey. I don't think it was that last one, but it's one of the other two. I'm still not sure.
Don't take offence, lovely people of Lower Earlrey, you just have a hard town to spell.

I also found out today that HarperCollins are launching a 'browse inside' system. This won't allow everybody to rummage through my cupboards, but it will let you read extracts from my books completely free through the HarperCollins website (and eventually through my website as well). I haven't had a lot of time to think about this, but it's sounds pretty exciting to me. It means I can email people all over the world and tell them to check out bits of my books so they can decide whether they want to buy them.

Of course, it also means that I'll be able to browse loads of books by other people too...

No comments: