Friday, March 03, 2006

Three Schools, One Day

I don't think I've ever done three different events with three different schools in one day before. So a massive hi to everybody I met - in the British Museum reading room and then also in the library at St Mary's.
It was a fun day for me - and a huge honour to be running an event inside the British Museum reading room. What a spectacular setting.
I felt like the upstart that I am, ranting about how I write, and reading from my book, while I was surrounded by the ghosts of the greats.

Also, as has already been pointed out in one of the comments below, I made it into my local paper today. The Hendon & Finchley Times is by far my favourite newspaper, so getting my gurning mug in there feels almost as much of an honour as being the first author to talk to kids in the British Museum reading room.
Almost.

Here's a link to the article.

No comments: