Monday, November 07, 2005

Fireworks and a Discovery

It was fireworks night this weekend. I can't say I've ever been that excited about fireworks. They explode, everyone goes 'ooh', it's all very nice. But it doesn't have a story, does it?
Then on Saturday, I saw fireworks displays in a whole new light. I was watching from the twelfth floor of a towerblock in central London. On the balcony, we could look out across a huge expanse of the city, and see every firework display that was going on. Some were right off in the distance, some were right next door. I decided this was the only way to watch fireworks.
As if that wasn't exciting enough, my host provided an excellent array of snacks, including one major discovery: wasabi-roasted peas.
They are delicious. What a wonderful nation Japan must be, to create such amazing snacks. I'm going to try finding some packets of these peas in London. Wish me luck.

No comments: