Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A Day Out in Camden

Enjoyed a visit to the Jewish Museum in Camden yesterday. Interesting exhibition on to celebrate the 2ooth anniversary of the birth of Disraeli, the British Prime Minister from the Victorian age.
There's also a permanent collection, of course, which I learned a lot from.
Sadly, I didn't have time to check out the sushi place I passed on the way. The one next door to the Jazz Cafe. I think it was called Bento. Anybody tried it?
The Jazz Cafe, by the way, used to be fantastic. There was a time when you could go there any day of the week and be guaranteed a great show from a class act, be it an established name or an up-and-comer. Now the prices have gone up and up, while the quality of the acts is variable at best. Sure, there are some good nights, but you'll have pay heartily for them.
Don't know how I got into another rant when I was meant to be talking about the Jewish Museum.

No comments: