Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Sketch Show

Saw a really funny sketch show last night. I'm not usually a fan of sketch comedy, but this one managed to maintain a consistently high quality of writing and performance. Yes, OK, I knew the people in it, and I'd written the music, but that was only a small part of my enjoyment. Even without that I would still have sat back and laughed my head off.
The show was 'John Finnemore's Sketch Night' (click the link for the blurb - though if you want to go tonight or tomorrow it doesn't tell you that the venue is the Betsey Trotwood Theatre, at 56 Farringdon Road, London).
The performers included John himself, of course, and Marianne Levy, who has also written about it in her weblog! There you go: weblogs referencing other weblogs. It really is a web, isn't it?
Anyway, the show was very funny. My girlfriend even said: 'If that were a TV show, I'd tune in next week.'
Now that's praise.

No comments: