Monday, July 05, 2004

Mentos

 
I couldn't contain myself. I just have to tell you about Mentos.
 
Mentos are my favourite sweets. I love them. Perhaps you've seen them. The Mint flavour has been around in Britain for a while, but only the mint flavour. I do like the Mint flavour, but there is so much more to the Mentos world. For example, the Fruit flavour, which is starting to appear in the UK in a few places. For a long time Fruit Mentos weren't available in the UK at all - now apparently you can get them at Green Park station.
 
However, in other parts of the world there are many other flavours I have never had the chance to try. I've heard tell of Cherry, Cinnamon, Strawberry, Liquorice... and I actually did try Green Apple Mentos once in Paris. They were delicious. I brought back dozens of packets.
 
In fact, I actually wrote to the Mentos company and told them how delicious the Green Apple Mentos are, asking them - begging them - to broaden the range of flavours available in the UK. The Mentos people were very nice. They sent me a few packs of the Fruit flavour.
 
How about this: if any of you reading this ever comes across a packet of Mentos, buy it for me. Please? Then get in touch through the website and I'll buy it off you. In fact, if you come across any flavours that aren't Mint or Fruit, buy more than one packet. Buy a few. (But buy the Mint and Fruit flavours too.) I stocked up last time I was abroad, but I've run out now. I need them. Donations of Mentos will be rewarded somehow. Perhaps with an acknowledgement in my next book, or a signed copy. I'll think of something. I need Mentos.
 
For the time being, take a look at the Mentos Gallery. It amuses me.
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Joe, I had no idea that they meant so much to you. I shall scour the streets and newsagents of Paris for green apple mentos this very weekend. Doesn't mean that I'll send you them though. Mwahahahah...
xxx

Anonymous said...

u like mentos so much? i might get a whole lot for u...in Singapore we have a very wide range of mentos...include the original fruit favour, spearmint, mint, strongmint, green apple, cherry, grape, strawberry, Special grapefruit with vitamin C, special wild cherry with vitamin C and special blackcurrant with vitamin C. i think there are some other but i can't remember...it's quite cheap over here...abt a S$1-$2 each stick or a box. e-mail me for more info @ jsnhokt@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Been able to get fruit mentos forever in Scotland - used to love them when I was a kid. vaguely remember special editions but can't remember what they were...
also - worth asking http://www.aquarterof.co.uk - they dont have mentos just now but are quite good at finding things and adding them i you request them