Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Very Strange Guessing Game

Either I've lost a lot of ticket stubs or I only went to the cinema 11 times between April 2008 and the end of March 2009.

11 times. That's less than once a month!

I keep a list you see. And yes, I do realise that's pretty sad. But no, I don't care.

In previous years my number of cinema visits has been pretty steady, hovering around 18 or 19 trips to the movies a year. But in 08-09 I only made it to the movies 11 times!

I think a lot of it is to do with my subscription to LoveFilm (DVD rental service) so I'm not quite so worried about 'missing' a film because I know I'll be able to rent it. But it's still a shame not to make it to the cinema to see a film on the big screen.

I could go off on a ramble about the poor quality of today's cinema experience, the limited choice of films at mainstream cinemas in any one week or even the fact that they just don't make mainstream films aimed at non-teenagers any more.

But I won't. I'm going to get up and go to the cinema instead.

Oh, but while I'm there, if you'd like to guess any of the 11 films that I saw at the cinema between April 08 and the end of March 09 please do. If you get more than, let's say... 5 (within a reasonable number of guesses) I'll send you a very small prize.

If you get more than two I'll send you two minutes' worth of respect and admiration.

1 comment:

NutmegAngel said...

The Dark Knight
Australia
Twilight
Bedtime Stories
Marley and Me
Darn it, I just looked at the next post, and they're all on. I wonder if any of them were right...