Friday, May 15, 2009

St Alban's

It's been a long day for me so far - and it isn't even 4pm yet.

I was out of bed at an hour so early I was surprised to see daylight. And before I knew it, I had whisked myself to St Alban's, where I was visiting St Columba's College. (I'm not sure I like the idea of 'whisking myself'. Sounds painful. But I'll leave that for now. You know what I meant.)

It was a really fun day, with genuinely creative and original ideas coming from the students of Years 7 and 8. So a huge thank you to the school and staff for setting up my visit, and to the students for making it such a rewarding day.

Let's see how much I can remember about the story ideas we put together... There were:

Zombie goats, Russian Ninja Droids (one of whom was disguised as a cat), a volcano, aliens, an atom gun that disintegrated (possibly into an egg), cancer, aids, swine flu (which is becoming a regular feature of my school events), a crack addiction, delusions of being a teddy, male pregnancy, Jimmy's mother being Osama Bin Laden in disguise, discrimination, incest, Australian bats, psycho tellietubbies, tiny killer lizards, Shane Warne (who joined forces with the tellitubbies for some reason) and...

I'm sure many other things, but I can only remember them when I'm stringing them into a story. For now, that list will have to be enough to lodge the event somewhere in history.

And sadly there's no cricket for me to watch because it's raining in Durham. Who's idea was it to stage Test Matches that far North?

No comments: