Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Vision of the Future

I've been pretty quiet lately, but that doesn't mean nothing's going on!

For a start, I've been cooking up loads of new story ideas. I thought I already had enough ideas to keep me going into my next few writing projects, but there must be something in the air this month because I've just put together another handful of thoughts that could all become stories eventually.

The problem is deciding on which one to take forward first. I've already started work on another project, which I was sure was going to be my first post-Jimmy Coates idea. I think I'll probably continue with that for a while to see where it goes because I'm still excited about it and I think I can write it pretty quickly, but while there are also all these other images knocking around in my head I'm going to make some notes on them too and see if I can develop something I'm even more excited about.

And of course, meanwhile I'm meant to be writing Jimmy Coates: Genesis, the last book in the series. So I'll keep going with that too, even though HarperCollins have delayed the publication, simply because the twist I've come up with for the end is too good NOT to write.

While I'm on that subject, a big thank you to everybody whose got in touch to ask about the release of Jimmy Coates: Blackout. It's wonderful to feel that there are so many of you out there who've been genuinely waiting for this book to be released. Yes, it's been delayed. No, I didn't make that decision and yes, I'm probably as annoyed about it as you are, but I am very optimistic that both of the last two books in the series will be published before too long.

The question is whether anybody will still be reading books by the time that happens...

No comments: