Friday, March 06, 2009

WBD

How was World Book Day 2009 for you?

Everything is still a bit blurry for me. I'm looking forward to a bit of a lie in tomorrow morning, after visiting 4 schools in the last three days. I had a lot of fun, but I'm pleased that I've scheduled a bit of a break from school visits now so that I can actually get some writing done.

A big thank you to all of the schools who welcomed me so warmly. I'm trying to fix you all in my head so I don't forget where I've been and who I've met. I know loads of you will keep in touch through facebook and bebo, which is great, so I'll see you there.

Today I went from Pardes House School in Finchley to Barrow Hill Junior School in St John's Wood. I worked out that on the way between the two I passed 11 sushi outlets (that I know of). I stopped in at 3 of them.

A good way to celebrate World Book Day, I think.

Now I'm looking forward to Saturday, when I'll be back at Brent Cross Shopping Centre:

12pm - 3pm, WHSmiths
3.30pm onwards, Borders

Come along if you're in the area - say hi and get something signed.

1 comment:

NutmegAngel said...

nothing happened. Well, that's a lie I guess. I went to the college library at dinner, got myself a book token and attempted to match up first lines with book covers, only got the last two mixed up. That was about it. All the primary school kids nearby were going to school in costume. I wanted to :D...