Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Awards Week - some for you, some for me.

I was at Richmond Library last night for the prize-giving of the gr8 txts scheme. Well done again to all of the winners.

It was great to see so many of you come out on a weeknight to pick up prizes or just to meet me and hear me ramble on for half an hour or so. I hope you had as much fun as I did.

I have a prize-giving of my own to get to tomorrow - the winner of the first Enfield Children's Book Award will be announced at a ceremony I'm going to be at, along with a couple of the other shortlisted authors.

I've done a few book award events before and they're always pretty exciting. It's great to think of all the readers involved who've been working their way through the shortlisted books, weighing up the pros and cons of each to decide on who to vote for.

I'll check in again tomorrow and let you all know how it goes.

No comments: