Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Exploding Chickens

I'm at Princethorpe College today, out in the countryside somewhere near Rugby. I've just been speaking to Year 8, who taught me about man-eating zebras and the Germans burying their bombs with chickens during the war.

It wasn't specified which war. In fact, I might have just assumed the war bit. It might just have been a bit of trivia about where Germans keep their bombs (and chickens) now. I'm not sure.

Then, of course, there was 'The Assasserator', who turned out to be half assassin, half blender.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and I even managed to squeeze in a little song. This afternoon I'll be meeting Year 7, and I'm going to have to work pretty hard to get the Assasserator and the exploding chickens out of my head.

Meanwhile, I think this is the first year since this blog started that I haven't gone on and on about the Oscars. Well, if they're going to carry on not nominating me, at some point I was going to snub them.

Also, I'm not a fan of Sky Movies since they started talking over the end credits, so I wasn't able to watch the whole thing live. I've caught up with various highlights on youtube. Hugh Jackman - wow. Nice one.

Oh, and it's pancake day! A great, great day.

May your pans be full of cakes.

No comments: