Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm Terrific, Apparently. Well, My Books Are, At Least.

The Jimmy Coates series is recommended today on the Times' 'School Gate' blog in a nice piece about books for older readers (by which they mean older than 8).

You can check it out here:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/schoolgate/2009/01/books-for-older.html

It's great to see my books recommended as "terrific" alongside some of my own favourites for that age group.

Meanwhile, I should say a big HELLO and thank you to the schools I've been at this week.

Gateway Primary School in North London gave me an awesome welcome on Monday. I'm going to pop in again next week to sign more books for you lot.

Then I was out at Nescot College in Epsom on Wednesday, talking to Year 10 about writing, the business of publishing and all kinds of things like that.

Yesterday I made a return visit to Year 8 at Oakwood Park Grammar School in Maidstone. I was there last year and had just as much fun this time round. It was especially exciting to meet a new kind of superhero. Sitting in the front row was a mysterious figure known only as 'Tesco-man'. He didn't seem to do any saving of the world while my event was going on, but perhaps he was quietly getting on with it, unnoticed by anybody. And, as he liked to constantly remind me, 'Every little helps'.

Thanks, Tesco-man.

By the way, have you checked out the brand new, crazy and exciting blog-world of www.trappedbymonsters.com?

Check it out.

No comments: