Saturday, May 31, 2008

Jimmy Coates: 7 is coming your way... in 2009

Yet again, I didn't see how I was going to get there, but I think I've basically made it: the plot for the next Jimmy Coates book has taken on a much more solid form today.

Something seemed to click in just a single session sitting in the garden, after about six weeks of brain-frying mental excavation. I haven't yet ironed out all of the corners, but I definitely feel excited about the shape the story is in.

And it's just in time. June 1st was the date I had in mind to start writing - so I might make a start tonight just to get ahead of myself a little. Or I could just spend the evening organising my study.

Yup, Saturday night with the thrill of tidying my room. A writer's life is a thrilling rollercoaster of endless intrigue...

No comments: