Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Tonight it'll be green tea and anchovy toast

I was at Queen's College in Central London today - hi to everyone there. It was great to get the chance to play some songs for you and talk a bit about songwriting.

I'm usually called on to talk about writing my books, so this was a fun change, especially as I'm so deep into the writing of Jimmy Coates 5. It becomes hard to interact with the real world after a while. But at the same time it becomes just as hard to get a sense of the story I'm writing. I've lost all perspective on it. I've no idea whether it even makes sense.

I always reach this point. And yes, it's usually somewhere between 3 and 4 in the morning.

Strangely, I've come to look forward to my small-hours hunger pangs.

2 comments:

Jeremy Jacobs said...

Ah burning the candle at both ends!

Anonymous said...

Loved being with you Joe and Jeremy at the studio and listening to the programme going out live, it was really interesting, and I too wish Doron masses of success with his quest for a medical solution to his little boy's and many other little boy's pain. Of course I can't wait for the next Jimmie Coates..... and as for night time eats, my Dad was known for making amazing steaks at 3.00am, so I am used to that.