Monday, May 21, 2007

Start the Car

I was up in Birmingham today, site of a pretty impressive TK Maxx store with an incompetent sales assistant who forgot to remove the security tags from the shirts I bought. Well, it's the site of many other things too, of course. Including the beautiful Edgbaston Cricket Ground, where I wasn't today, but also Yardley Primary School and Stirchley Library, both places where I was today.

Has there ever been a more rambling intro than that?

I had a lot of fun with all the ear 6 students I met. You lot had some crazy Birmingham-style ideas. I liked it. It's all a bit of a daze, but between the two events I know that there was something about a burning tower,
an alien playing the violin,
a pool full of sharks and pirhanas,
Her Majesty the Queen,
a pack of tigers in a wood,
R. Kelly,
and a partridge in a very weird pear tree.

Put it this way, if it had been a dream, the next morning I would drive myself to a tiny shed on the coast to live in isolation with my madness and few penguins.

Actually, that's kind of what it feels like to be a writer sometimes.

No comments: