Thursday, November 16, 2006

Vague Rant Without Much Purpose Or Interest For Anybody Outside North London

A few things have just surprised me.

It says here... http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-11-15/#2

...that Oprah Winfrey hasn't been invited to Tom Cruise and Whotsername's wedding. At first I was surprised that she wasn't invited, but now I think about it, I realise that apart from jumping on her sofa when he appeared on her show, there was nothing that had led me to believe that Tom and Oprah were mates. So now I'm surprised that Oprah's non-invitation is showbiz news.

But what's more important than all of this is the question raised in the little newsy thing above - what would you get for Tom and Whotserface if you were invited to the wedding? Oprah says she's sending a gift even though she's not invited, which I think is pretty sweet of her. She also says that she's not fussy when people need to buy gifts for her - "Get me some bubble bath and I'm happy," she says. Easily pleased, is our Oprah. What a down-to-earth, salt-of-earth, something-else-about-earth type she is. But we knew that already. That's the secret of her success, isn't it? Maybe. What do I know? I don't think I've ever watched a single episode of Oprah. Does she do a lot of bathing on her show? She seems to need lots of bubble bath.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to get Tom and Thingywhotsit. The wedding is on Saturday, and my invitation hasn't arrived yet, so it's going to have to be a last minute thing. Might have to take a trip to Brent Cross.

By the way - parochial issue alert - did you know they're thinking of charging for parking at Brent Cross? Can you think of anything more stupid, pointless and, frankly, offensive? I've spent a lot of time and money at that shopping centre. And now they want charge me to park!? If it happens, I'll never go back.

Looks like I'll be shopping for Tom and She-tom online.

No comments: