Thursday, March 30, 2006

Behind My Digital Back Again

It's been quite fun keeping an eye on all the comments that readers in Bolton have been making here.

They're talking about all the books on the shortlist for the Bolton Book Award and it seems that my book has provoked more comment than most of the others (probably because they know I've been reading the blog).

I'm certainly glad that I don't try to please everybody all the time - if I did, I die mad. Most of the comments are really positive, which is great, and it almost feels like the few negative ones make the positive ones worth more.

There is a part of me that thinks it's a bit weird that I'm more excited about the comments on that site than I am about the amazing review in The Times the other day. (Did I mention my books got reviewed in The Times?)

I've also just heard that I'm on the shortlist for the Redbridge Children's Book Award. If only they had a blog, I'd be able to eavesdrop on the views of the voters...

No comments: