Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hoagy

It's Hoagy Carmichael's birthday today - one of my songwriting idols. He wrote the music for (among other things) 'Georgia on my mind'.
This might be a good day to rent 'To Have and Have Not', in which Hoagy plays the piano player/entertainer. He sings a couple of typically unusual songs - he's the highlight of the film if you ask me.
There are a couple of other interesting anniversaries coming up this week, so I'll keep you posted. Basically, it's just one excuse after the other for me to watch some great movies.

Something else I've got to mention tonight, which I haven't updated you on for a while. I know you're all dying to know. How's Imaginary Madrid getting on? That's my five-a-side team, in case you forget.
Well, we're doing OK. The new season started with two tight draws. Last week we notched up an impressive win. Tonight we did no notching at all. We un-notched. In other words, we lost 7-4. And we really should have notched tonight. We were the better side. But also the lazier one.
Let's hope we get back to our notching ways soon...

No comments: