Sunday, October 09, 2005

Good, Bad, Ugly, Bunged-up

Last night I had what I hope will be the first of many gigs at Haven. I think it went very well, and everybody seemed to enjoy it. Like all the best gigs, it deteriorated into a sing-along. I enjoyed it a lot.
I'll let you know next time I'm playing so you can come by and eat something while I play your requests.
So that's the good news. There's also some dismal news: I have a cold. It's official. I was able to ward it off for a while, but too many late nights and early mornings weakened my defences.
I cheered myself up with a spicy Thai curry (my own secret recipe) and by watching Elf - funny film. I love it when cheesy American Christmas movies stuff the soundtrack full of classic Christmas tunes performed by the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and Stevie Wonder. And they always - ALWAYS - have Ray Charles to finish things off in style over the closing credits.
Sometimes the only reason I keep watching to the end is because I know there's going to be some Ray.

No comments: