Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Taste of Defeat, and Premium Chicken

Another lousy defeat last night for Imaginary Madrid, my five-a-side football team. To be honest, it's getting hard to remember the last time we won. I still feel like we could win at any moment. Like... now. No. It didn't happen.
Anyway, today I had a really fun gig - playing the new grand piano at McDonald's, Brent Cross. The diners were really responsive and made loads of requests, which I always enjoy. It's even better when I can play the tunes they request.
I hadn't been into a McDonald's for ages before I started playing the piano there. They have all these healthy food options now. I couldn't believe it. I had a really tasty prime chicken salad, or whatever they called it. They gave it some name that suggested it wasn't just ordinary chicken - prime, premium, super, special, polite chicken.
Tomorrow I'm off to Manchester to meet some of the most important people in the world of books - school librarians. I'm going to spend the train journey inventing some amusing anecdotes. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: