Monday, April 11, 2005

Cereal Conundrum

The thing about breakfast cereals is that if you want to try a new one, you have to get a whole packet. In a moment of adventure, I went for something untried - a Waitrose Blueberry and something-or-other crunch. 'Mmm,' I thought, 'Blueberries... Crunch... That'll be good.'
But it wasn't. And I was stuck with a whole packet of it. So for the last few weeks I have been diligently munching through this foul concoction of oats and dried fruits, my portions shrinking with every morning.
I finally finished the packet, and now it's back to good old... anything. Anything I know and like. I can appreciate the genius of those mini-packets that Kelloggs do.
Funny thing was, in the last few days that cereal wasn't tasting too bad. It was edible at least. Maybe all the blueberry bits had sunk to the bottom of the packet.

No comments: