Sunday, February 20, 2005

Airline Food

I heard once that it's not the fault of airlines that their food is terrible. Apparently, the problem is that altitude disrupts our tastebuds so that nothing would taste good. So it's our fault.
I always thought that people should test this theory by taking a juicy steak up with them, something cooked by an expert in ground-bound cooking. (Which reminds me - I had a jet-lag induced dream about Gordon Ramsey last night.)
Anyway, I don't think that experiment is necessary any more. Two reasons. First, my Mentos tasted great, even in the air. Second, we actually had some decent food on the flights to and from New York. My only gripe was that the portions were too small.
I'd like to thank the good people of Kuwaiti Airlines for their hospitality, courtesy and edible cuisine.

No comments: