Saturday, September 04, 2004

Another great meal

Have you ever had Burmese food?
There's a great place near me that's probably the only Burmese restaurant I've ever seen. From the outside it looks like a greasy cafe, but inside it serves some of the best food I've ever had. It's a cross between everything that's great about Chinese, Indian and Thai - but with its own distinctive qualities too. The service at this place is so friendly too.
We ate there last night (seven of us) and it was lovely: Chicken, shrimp and lime soup was a highlight. But so was the Aubergine and Potato dish. Have I told you how much I love aubergines? That's eggplants to US visitors.
I'll have to rant a little about aubergines next time.

5 comments:

me said...

i've never tried burmese food but i love trying new things... i love chinese and last month i found out i love sushi!!! japanese food is soooo good! and yeah i like eggplants too, well as a matter of fact there isn't much i don't like!!! lol

Joe said...

Sushi - oh yes. As you'll see from the other entries here, I make no secret of the fact that I love Sushi! Now, if I could somehow incorporate aubergine into some sushi, I think I'd be in food heaven. Perhaps with a Scallop too...

Joe said...

Hmong? I'm going to have to have that one day. Is it good?

Anonymous said...

Hmong is the actual name for vietnamese.
there are any who live here. They resettled after the war and continue to come from the refugee camps

Anonymous said...

Hmong is the actual name for people from vietnam.
Many resettled here after the war and continue to come from refugee camps. Sometimes it has been 10+ years since families saw each other.
They use a great many fresh vegtables and meats.
Not like the typical "chinese" restaurants we knew as kids.