Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Tastiest Sushi Yet

I'm pretty darn pleased with myself at the moment. Last night's sushi was my Personal Best. It was awarded an 8.2 for artistic interpretation and a whopping 8.7 for technical merit. I'm in the running for a gold, with only the Sashimi event to come.
I've got to say that the guy on the fish counter at Waitrose had a hand in my success. The guy in Sainsbury's was rubbish. It was the first time I'd used raw fish in my home sushi. I put together some tuna, coriander and lime to create a melt-in-your-mouth feast. I ate it in the bath. That's what I call relaxing.
And have you seen the Waitrose supermarket in North Finchley lately? Sorry if you're not from round here - to me it was like walking into the future. The place burned down a few months ago and they've been slowly rebuilding it. Now the aisles are like the space ship in 2OO1: A Space Odyssey, except wider, and with more cans of beans. And the check out - very swish. And the girls on the check out - 'nuff said.
I don't really know what supermarkets are like around the world, but they'd have to be pretty good to beat this one. They made me promise I'd go back to let them know how the sushi went. I might take them some.

No comments: