Thursday, May 23, 2013

Jimmy Coates: Blackout in the neighbourhood...

If you've read the first Jimmy Coates book, you'll know there's a big chunk of it set in Finchley, where I grew up and where I was living at the time I wrote the book.

Well, I haven't lived in Finchley for a while, so when I wrote Jimmy Coates: Blackout it was time to move on to my new neighbourhood... Kentish Town.

One of my favourite websites chronicles the past, present and future of the area. It's always a beautifully written and researched site so I'm particularly proud to have contributed a piece about the locations in the Jimmy Coates series, including several that feature in the new book. (If you want to soak up the atmosphere of Jimmy Coates: Blackout, just take a walk up Kentish Town High Street.)

There's also a new extract from the book, if you're into that kind of thing...

Check it all out at The Kentish Towner.

http://www.kentishtowner.co.uk/2013/05/22/wednesday-picture-spies-in-kentish-town/

No comments: