Thursday, August 07, 2008

Chorley, Eccles, Socks

Any day you can get through without ever needing to put any socks on has got to be a good day. Even better if it involves three - yes three - Chorley cakes.

If you're not sure what a Chorley cake is, you haven't lived. I only discovered them myself about eighteen months ago, but now that they're in my life, they are a welcome friend. They're definitely up there with Eccles cakes. I might go so far as to say that the Chorley surpasses the Eccles.

A daring statement, I know.

So what have I been doing, you ask, while sitting, sockless, with Chorley cake crumbs down my front? (Apart from keeping an eye on the cricket of course - Kevin Pietersen's first match as England captain. Interesting stuff.)

I've been running through the final corrections on Jimmy Coates: Power, of course. It's coming out on October 1st, and just for you there's a sneak preview of the first chapter here:

www.freewebs.com/joecraiguk/october12008.htm

Enjoy. Then pre-order. Then put your socks on and go out to find a Chorley cake or two.

No comments: