Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dustin Hoffman v A Monkey

Hi to everyone at Lea Valley High School in Enfield, where I spent a fun afternoon yesterday talking to Year 9.

There were a lot of good story ideas going around, along with the usual suspects of bird-flu, nuclear war and earthquakes. What is it about bird-flu? Everybody seems to want to write a story about it at the moment. I just can't see the appeal myself, and Jimmy Coates will not be battling any outbreaks of the disease in upcoming books.

Having said that, I remember Outbreak being a pretty good movie. (I haven't seen it since it first came out, so feel free to refresh my memory if it's actually rubbish.) That was about a virus spread by a monkey, of course, not bird-flu, and monkey-flu does sound a lot more glamorous.

Anyway, it was also good to see so many Lea Valley students receiving copies of Jimmy Coates books as prizes. I hope you enjoy them. Let me know.

No comments: