Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Elephants the Size of a House

How much Vaseline will I eat in my life? I put a bit on my lips every day and a small amount of it probably gets ingested. So here's my question. If you lumped together all of the Vaseline that I ate during my entire life, would that Vaseline lump be:

a) bigger than an elephant?
b) smaller than an elephant?
c) about the size of an elephant, depending on the elephant?

Let's say it's an average-sized, adult, African elephant (the ones with the bigger ears). I think my answer would have to be 'c'. I think I'm going to eat about an elephant's worth of Vaseline.

On a completely different note, can I just point out how right I was about something else? I usually prefer stories that end with me messing up (they're more entertaining - and more common). But it's the first World Cup semi-final tonight, and I predicted weeks ago that the semi-finals would involve only European teams.

(Tonight it's Italy v Germany, tomorrow it's Portugal v France.)

While everybody else was going on about Brazil and Argentina, I trusted history - teams don't usually win the World Cup if it's being held outside their own continent.

Of course, I also had money on the Czech Republic.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Unlike the World Cup, people only win Wimbledon if it's held outside their own country.

Anonymous said...

Apparently, the average woman consumes over 6 pounds of lipstick over her lifetime. So I guess you're probably ingesting about as much in Vaseline. Yum.

John F said...

And of course people only win the World Series if it's held in their own country, and if that country is the only one in the world that plays baseball.