Monday, February 27, 2006

Soon I'll be a Doctor

I was in Bristol today, talking about my book and how I write and all that malarkey. Quite fun, but a very long day.
Especially on top of another long day yesterday in Cambridge where I was receiving my MA (your degree gets automatically upgraded if you went to Cambridge or Oxford - with no extra work!).
It mostly involved standing about in the freezing cold waiting for various bits of the ceremony to begin. The point of the whole thing really was the reunion - probably the only reunion I'll ever go to. It was fun finding out what people had been up to. Occupations included gambler, banker, sailor, tinker, tailor and, of course, spy.
And before you ask - yes, it is a bit dodgy that I now have an MA qualification but yes, I do deserve it. Got that?

No comments: