Monday, November 16, 2015

How to Win a Creative Writing Competition

9 tips for every young writer, or the traps that they all seem to fall into.

Plus one golden rule.

I wrote it all up for National Short Story Week and it's gone up on the Guardian website.

I'm judging the short story competition, so click here to read how to win.

(See also: Tips for Writing Action Scenes)


While I'm here, there's also a new interview with me I didn't post about because it came so soon after the previous interview with me. But it's a fun one, so take a look if you're interested. I was asked some questions by a Year 9 student called Syzmon and I got a bit care-free with my answers. (In other words, I sound a bit of a twonk, but that happens sometimes.)

Syzmon's interview with me is here.


No comments: